Cuba & Costa Rica Blog
About this blog
Written by Cuba and Costa Rica expert Christopher P. Baker, this blog will update readers on life in these two diverse and exciting countries.
- Last blog post on Costa Rica and Cuba
- First-ever group motorcycle tours of Cuba successful
- Cuba’s Mariel port readying for Panama Canal expansion
- Musings on wildlife encounters on Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula
- Cuba’s Steam Trains puffing their last gasp
- My top five thrilling activities in Costa Rica
- Cuba’s fun February festivals include Harleys, Books, Cigars
- Five top volcano viewing experiences in Costa Rica
- New road along Costa Rica / Nicaraguan border mired
- Cuba’s Hotel Campoamor at Cojímar to be restored?
- Cuban revolutionary Celia Sánchez honored in new book
- Christmas challenge for Costa Rica’s sexually abused girls
- Costa Rica opens Chinatown in downtown San José
- David Soul films Hemingway’s car restoration in Cuba
- National Geographic Expeditions receives license for Cuba tours
Chris Baker speaks about Cuba on Nexttrip Travel Radio.... listen in!
For anyone not familiar with Nexttrip Travel Radio, this is a great time to tune in. If you missed my live interview -- "Cuba: Now is the Time!" -- on Thursday, March 19, with host Deborah Howell, no problem, you can still listen in.
Although the 30-minute interview slated was reduced to only nine minutes due to technical difficulties, Deborah and I did manage to discuss the current changes relating to travel to Cuba enacted by Congress; what the Obama administration promises with regard to additional changes in existing restrictions; and what visitors to Cuba can expect in this haunting realm of eccentricity, eroticism, and enigma.
You can access the interview on this podcast.