American Nomad Blog
About this blog
American Nomad covers the best of U.S. travel—from vacation deals to festivals, weekend getaways, travel tips, and more. A seasoned traveler and Moon author, Laura is the perfect guide to help discover new gems when traveling domestically.
- A Southern Girl's Wintertime Adventure in Yellowstone
- One Novelist's Odyssey Across America
- Gearing up for a Family Camping Trip
- Mint Juleps and More at Oak Alley Plantation
- Avoiding Identity Theft While on Vacation
- Money-Saving Travel Tips from Nomadic Matt
- Fashion, Fun, and Convenience for the Modern Traveler
- In Search of Irish Museums Across America
- The Inspiring Journey of a Solo Kayaker
- Getting Fit for Treks in Yosemite and Elsewhere, Part 2
- Getting Fit for Treks in Yosemite and Elsewhere, Part 1
- Experiencing Yosemite with YExplore
- Two Travel Contests Worth Mentioning
- A Word About the TSA's No-No List
- A Reader's Advice About Airport Security
New Orleans Travel Guide Giveaway
As I mentioned in last Thursday's post, I recently had the chance to chat about New Orleans on the “Around the World” radio show. If you were able to catch the program, then you probably heard me enthuse about some of the city's best attractions, hotels, and events, but needless to say, a 10-minute interview is hardly enough time to extol all of the Big Easy's virtues – which is why I'm so excited about the recent release of my new Moon New Orleans guidebook.
For a chance to win a signed copy of Moon New Orleans, simply answer the following question: “Upon arriving in New Orleans, what would you like to see, do, or eat first?” To enter, leave a comment below this post, or send an email to laura [at] wanderingsoles [dot] com. The contest will end at 11:59 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, October 3rd, after which the winner will be chosen at random from all entries received.
As always, I’m open to ideas for future posts. If you have any suggestions, burning questions, or destinations that you’d like me to explore in greater detail, please comment below, contact me via laura [at] wanderingsoles [dot] com, or connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclosure: While I occasionally accept free or discounted travel assistance when it coincides with my editorial goals, my opinion is never for sale, which means that everything written in my American Nomad blog and Moon travel guides is my unbiased reflection of the things that I see, do, and experience while traveling across the United States.
Cover of Moon New Orleans courtesy of Avalon Travel / Text © 2012 Laura Martone